Kalyn Fay Barnoski

Kalyn Fay Barnoski

We All Gotta Try

Digital Printed Tarp

96″ x 40″

2020

Statement: 

I was reading back through “A Third University is Possible” and came across a Jack Forbes quote about our interconnectedness with the land and environment as Indigenous people. It made me realize how disconnected I feel at times with land, with people, with empathetic understanding and how overwhelming everything feels right now during a time of separation and unknowns. It’s easy to feel like we’re not doing enough and we’ll never get it right. I wrote this statement down because I needed an urgent validation for myself in that moment. The truth is no one ever gets it “right,” but the point is that we all try for each other, for ourselves, and for future generations.

Biography: 

Kalyn Fay Barnoski (b. 1990) is a ᏣᎳᎩ and native Oklahoman, currently pursuing her Master of Fine Arts in Printmaking at the University of Arkansas. She earned her Honors B.F.A. from Rogers State University in 2012 and a Master of Arts from The University of Tulsa in 2016. She is an interdisciplinary artist, working within digital, print, and sound platforms as it relates to Indigenous ways of knowing and the intersections we all share. She has worked with Peabody Essex Museum, Philbrook Museum of Art, Gilcrease Museum of Art, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Eiteljorg Museum, along with others, and performed, exhibited, and facilitated workshops both nationally and internationally.

Website:

https://www.kalynbarnoski.com